Planning grants for continued research programmes
• Baboo M. Nair, Dept. of Applied Nutrition and Food Chemistry, Lund Institute of Technology, Lund University: “Creation of data base and interactive website for SASNET-fermented foods (Swedish South Asian network for fermented foods), plus organising second International seminar on fermented foods.” SEK 40 000. More information.
Planning grants for research programmes/projects
• Prosun Bhattacharya, Division of Land and Water Resources, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm: ”Arsenic contamination in groundwater in South Asia, and sustainable drinking water options.” SEK 55 000
• Julie Wilk, Dept, of Water and Environmental Studies, Linköping University: ”Defining a Water Poverty Index through stakeholder participation.” SEK 60 000. Read a project abstract.
• Kristine Höglund, Dept. of Peace and Conflict Research, Uppsala University: ”Mediators, Monitors, and Donors: Nordic Involvement in the Sri Lankan Peace Process, 2000-2005.” SEK 60 000. Read a project abstract.
• Christer Jansson, Dept. of Plant Biology & Forest Genetics, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala: ”New Rice cultivars with improved endosperm properties – a collaborative project between SLU, Sweden, and IBMBB, Sri Lanka.” SEK 55 000. This project planning was not possible to realise, and therefore the department returned the grant money to SASNET in March 2010.
• Nandita Singh, Division of Land and Water Resources, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm: ”Relevance of socio-cultural context in realization of the human right to water: An insight from gender perspective.” SEK 50 000. Read a project abstract.
Planning grants for educational programmes/projects
• Margareta Ekborg, School of Teacher Education, Malmö University: ”Development of biotechnological education programs and information packages in Nepal.” SEK 55 000. Read a project abstract.
• Zarina Nahar Kabir, Division of Geriatric Epidemiology, Department of Neurobiology, Caring Sciences and Society, Karolinska Institutet Medical University, Stockholm: ”Nurse training for geriatric care in Bangladesh.” SEK 60 000.
• Göran Tomson and Fauziah Rabbani, Division of International Health (IHCAR), Dept. of Public Health Sciences, Karolinska Institutet Medical University, Stockholm: ”Networking in research and training for better health administration and management (NHART).” SEK 65 000.